Tuesday, December 30, 2008

#19 Discovering Web 2.0 Tools

I choose the category of genealogy. I explored MyHeritage.com. I had already used this site before. They have updated the process since I used it last. It's setup very similar to some of the genealogy blogs I use at MyFamily.com. For those blogs, you have to be invited and you receive a user name and a password. It allows you to search through the pictures, postings etc by keyword/tags. It's interesting to see how organized some people are. Some of the blogs are very responsive. Some you have to look at almost every item to find what you are looking for. I can see this application being used as a training module for staff or customers. They could key words to find the answer to an application or task they don't remember how to do.

The other 2 sites listed for this category were very similar. There is a limited storage for free accounts but of course you can upgrade and receive more storage.

No comments: